Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm officially a NETS*T certified teacher!  I chose to undertake the certification process for several reasons, but my main goal was to create a record of the kind of work and technology integration that I have been actively engaged in throughout my career.  The process was administered through a program at James Madison University and all of the reflections and evidence that I created were uploaded to their review system.  Because the portfolio I created is on their server, I am in the process of duplicating much of my portfolio in a Google Site.  Although not complete, it gives an overview of what was required for each of the standards.  For me, the most difficult pieces were those that that required evidence that I, as a librarian, do not usually collect.  My work is collaborative and usually I am there as a project begins, but not at the end of the road.  One goal for me next year will to do a better job of assessing my impact of the students and teachers I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment